Sunday, February 21, 2010

Calm, Cool, and Collected





A serene woman finds herself calm, cool, and collected when she is surrounded by her positive thoughts, soothing tea, and yoga wisdom. This enlightened yogini sips on the infusions of medicinal herbs while peacefully meditating in the blue and green oasis she creates in her mind. Behind the meditating woman is a faint scroll of positive affirmations, here are a few of them: "My life is as good as I say it is", "Perfection", and "I am able to take risks". There are also inspirational yogi tea tags encompassing this entire canister; a few of them say: "Mental happiness is total relaxation", "True understanding is found through compassion", "I am beautiful, I am bountiful, I am blissful", "The beauty of life is to experience yourself", "Wisdom, character, and consciousness conquer everything", and "To be calm is the highest achievement of the self" (among many others).





You can display this eye-catching piece as a candle votive, pen or pencil holder, trinket container, or as a stunning work of art. This also makes a great gift for holding baked goods, candies, soaps, bath salts, teas, etc. Also in my shop are some beautiful "cello" bags made of 1.2 mil crystal clear polypropylene that are decorated in elegant white lace and are used as candy bags, food bags, soap bags, or for any small item. These are great for using in this size tin when giving as a gift to contain other presents.





In these pictures, the shine on the canister is from the glossy Mod Podge finish. I applied two coats of Mod Podge to this canister so the images are protected, yet you can still feel the fun texture of the freckles!

The eco-friendly recycled materials used in this item are: a tin can, magazine clippings, and yogi tea tags. This piece measures 5 1/2 inches tall and 4 inches wide. The interior of this tin is painted a beautiful deep sea green.

4 comments:

Hypnotransformations said...

Very interesting item! Love it!

Unknown said...

Hey girl - you are rockin' the tins. I need to feature you. E-mail me!

Jessica Woody said...

Thank you for the sweet complements! I would love it if you would feature my art...I emailed you Mod Podge Amy! ;-)

Daniel Montoya said...

Very original designs! Wonderful.

All the best.
Daniel