Thursday, February 10, 2011

Custom Orders for My Upcycled Decoupage Canisters

I love creating custom orders for my customers! Although since I am limited to certain themes because of the magazine clippings I have on hand, I request that my customers provide a broad theme (like flowers, pets, cocktails with the ladies, etc.) so I can pick out corresponding images; or if they would like to provide the magazine clippings, pictures, or other themed paper materials that would be fantastic! If you are interested in an Eco-Friendly Freckles customized upcycled decoupage canister, I suggest that you do not request me to use photographs or anything printed on photo paper because the glossy Mod Podge that I use on my canisters and tins damages the outer layer of the photo paper, and thus it will not resemble one of my attractive works of art. ;-)
I recently made a custom order for my mother-in-law, Beverly; she wanted a customized hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister to give as a Christmas gift for her dear mother-in-law, Margaret, that featured the performance characters from the play "Tuna Does Vegas".
Margaret is related to one of the actors in this play, and she was tickled with this one-of-a-kind gift; which made me really happy! ;-) This was a fun and vibrant canister to create, and certainly a unique piece of my Eco-Friendly Freckles collection.Beverly gave me a local theatrical magazine that featured an article that discussed the performance and presented these "Tuna Does Vegas" images.
However, the theatrical magazine did not provide me with enough images for this piece, so I looked through my boxes of magazine clippings and I found several complementary images for this themed canister (including all of the playing cards and the woman's leg with pink stockings).
I painted the inside of this canister a deep, shiny metallic blue...I think it helped emphasize the flamboyant attributes of this work of art!
Speaking of metallic blue, this following treasury features a beautiful combination of both of these colors: metallics and blues. This treasury is titled "Liquid Metal" and is created by fellow Etsy STAT Team member KKennedyMason; she features my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Expressive Soul".
To complement the flamboyancy of this blog article, the treasury featured below is definitely fits the extravagance. ;-) The treasury is titled "Eccentricities & Complexities" and is created by fellow Etsy STAT Team member Pepper's Apothecary; she features one of my vintage print ads "Fieldcrest Lazy Daisy 60's Advertisement".Another one of my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canisters is featured in a fun and rebellious treasury created by my amazingly awesome sister, Andrea, owner of the delightful Etsy shop "Storybook Artifact". This is her first Etsy STAT Team treasury and it is called "Snails vs. Spice"; it depicts the battle against men, women, and Valentines Day...for all of those rebels out there! Andrea features my canister that encompasses this theme wonderfully; it is titled "Paulie's Confession" and it depicts a cheating husband and his wife that finds out the ugly truth from the talking pet parrot Paulie. This is one of my favorite canister creations!
I featured one of Andrea's mystical original paintings in a treasury of mine that features all members from the Oklahoma Disciples of Etsy Team! Andrea and I are both members now! This treasury is titled "Serene Sentiments" and I feature Andrea's painting "Is He the Man of My Dreams" from her shop Storybook Artifact.Andrea made her FIRST SALE today!!! She talks about it here on her blog...let's all give her a big "congratulations" and comment on her blog!

http://storybookartifact.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Artifact Andrea said...

Too funny! The Vegas canister was an awesome personalized creation! Thank you for the features again, Jessy! I love your treasuries; you have such a knack there. They flow so wonderfully it is as though all the features complete the big picture: the treasury is one theme, one story. Fabulous!

Artifact Andrea said...

Thanks for the reference to my blog. :-)

"xoxo"

>>>

I love blog comments and new followers!

http://storybookartifact.blogspot.com/

Jessica Woody said...

Aww, thanks Andy! I enjoy integrating Etsy team treasuries into my blog...and when the treasuries flow with the article, they are a "must" to add in. ;-)