Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Latest Work of Art in My Shop!

Sunshine on a Rainy Day - Hand-Painted Upcycled Decoupage Decor Tin/Canister:

"Save up for a rainy day" with this precious, meticulously handcrafted, one-of-a-kind money tin. This upcycled tin once contained cookies, now it has been painted and decoupaged with this lovely scene of a woman who has saved up for that rainy day. She sits upon a vintage trunk as she is surrounded by her savings, umbrella, and reminders that everything is going to be okay. The lady featured holds a sign with the "You Are My Sunshine" lyrics and is displayed behind a young girl with an umbrella looking towards a flying golden kitten which represents the sun rising from the clouds after a storm. This tin is covered with many inspirational yogi tea tags as well as charming, vintage twenties inspired images. This elegant piece can hold an array of desired items such as tea, candies, and sentimental items...and most definitely money or a coin collection! In these pictures, the shine on the canister is from the glossy Mod Podge finish. I applied two coats of Mod Podge to this canister so the images are protected, yet you can still feel the fun texture of the freckles!The eco-friendly recycled materials used in this item are: a tin/canister with fitting tin lid, magazine clippings, and yogi tea tags. This tin measures 3 inches tall and 7 inches wide. The interior of this tin is painted a shiny, luxurious gold!
My darling sister, Andrea of Storybook Artifact, featured this newest upcycled decoupage creation of mine "Sunshine on a Rainy Day" in her Etsy STAT Team treasury "Bee Wealthy, Wise, and Whimiscal".

I also created a Etsy STAT Team treasury today titled "The Pearls of Penelope"; with a play-on-words title, I pay homage to one of my favorite classic cartoons of all time "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop". This glamorous treasury features elegant beauties embellished with pearls. I feature Mademoiselle in Pearls, a lovely sketch from Andrea's Storybook Artifact; I also feature six new members of the Etsy STAT Team!

5 comments:

SisterBatik said...

Very cute!

Galit said...

Very creative!!
I adore the idea of upcycling. It is so amazing how you can create something new and interesting out of something that is no longer needed.

Have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

I love your items!! Super cute!

Jessica Woody said...

Thank you ladies for the inspiration and sweet complements! I love upcycling and creating something that is decorative and functional!

Artifact Andrea said...

I love your latest canister creation; it is stunning! Thanks again for featuring my sketch in your treasury. :-)