Thursday, February 3, 2011

Somewhere in Time...

...Is a lovely "Woman with Radiant Glow". This is one of my favorite original acrylic paintings from my sister, Andrea's, enchanting Etsy shop "Storybook Artifact"; she is such a talented artist! I adore her description of this painting:

"A captivating art piece inspired by the two opposing styles: the boldness of Frida Kaholo's paintings along with the softness expressed in the renowned photograph taken of Jane Seymour in the film Somewhere in Time. The women in this painting appears still in the moment, and yet looks as though she had just been dancing."

I love the movie "Somewhere in Time"! Sigh, it is one of my favorite movies of all time! Speaking of the theme going back in time. Here is a stunning treasury created from the wonderfully sweet Etsy STAT Team Captain Julianne from Hippie Chic Jewelz, titled "Take Me Back In Time"; she features one of my vintage print ads: "Provocative Vintage 60's Kraft French Dressing Ad".

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d4a3659bbb68eef494b1639/take-me-back-in-time

I was featured in another warm and comforting treasury from an Etsy STAT Team member, BarSoap, titled "A little collection of things that I really like". She features my "Traveling Lady" hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister...I LOVE IT!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d4b010b0baf6d91a24ad2ab/a-little-collection-of-things-that-i?ref=pr_treasury

No comments: