Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today is "Be Humble Day"

The adorable image above is an original art print titled "Humbled Bird" by Kimberly Glesenkamp.
Today is not a day to brag or to boast. Its not a time to talk about your success or accomplishments. Why!? Because today is ...... Be Humble Day!

Be Humble Day can be a humbling experience. That's exactly the intent of today. Humbleness is a good thing, a virtue. People much prefer a humble person to a braggart. Practice humbleness today, and everyday. It will serve you well in life.

In this blog article, I am going to share with you all some treasuries that I find humble...ha ha, or maybe quite the opposite!


Who could be more humble than a calm cowboy? I reckon just about nobody. ;-) This lovely, rustic treasury is titled "Keep Calm & Cowboy On" and is a STAT Team Challenge Treasury created by Oddball Art Co.. My Vintage 60's Playboy Pinup is featured in this treasury.


Hang on a moment, a cow is more humble than a cowboy...who could be more humble than a sweet brown eyed cow? This delightfully brown treasury is also another entry into the STAT Team Treasury Challenge, this one is titled "How Now Brown Cow" and is created by Jems by Sandi. My Vintage 60's Miller High Life Print Ad with a very suave gentleman is featured in this treasury...and so is a cute, humble dog with a knitted hoodie!


Speaking of adorably sweet doggies, who could be more humble than the darling print of doggie in this treasury...look at those precious eyes! This is another STAT Team Challenge Treasury titled "STATTEAM Challenge Brown" by Hippie Chic Jewelz. My hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Traveling Lady" is featured in this charming treasury!


Oh here we go, I've got it...not the brown eyes on a cow or a dog, the most humble of them all are the brown eyes on an innocent, loving young girl! Just like the classic Van Morrison song this STAT Team Challenge Treasury is titled "Brown Eyed Girl" by my dear sister Andrea of Storybook Artifact. She features my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Little Miss Cupcake" in this treasury.


No no no, I've finally got it! Our beautiful, humble earth...nothing could be more true, natural, and definitely humble. This STAT Team Challenge Treasury is titled "The Color of Earth" and it is beautifully conveyed in this treasury by Mystichintime. She features my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Traveling Lady".


Ha ha, alright now this treasury is quite the opposite of "being humble" it features a very vain woman who is obsessed with the often considered "sinfully seductive": chocolate...and this lady is having a major chocolate attack! This STAT Team Treasury Challenge is created by myself, Eco-Friendly Freckles, and is titled "Chocolate Insanity at the Vanity". I feature my sister's (Andrea of Storybook Artifact) Vintage Rose Hand Mirror.


Mmm, indulgent chocolate...I love it! Here is another STAT Team Challenge Treasury titled "Brown is the Color of Chocolate (Especially)" and is created by CreatIVYty. She features my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Little Miss Cupcake".

1 comment:

Artifact Andrea said...

I'm very humble that you featured my treasury on this blog post of yours; too cute. :-) I can't wait to find out who won the challenge for this week!